Featured User: kurt
Open-source hardware project hosting is my passion. I spend most of my free time building neat gadgets or planning what I'll build next. I love building things, and I want to make Open Hardware Hub a place that inspires others to build, ...
Updates 2013 February 18
It's been a while, hasn't it? Well, that's ok because we've got a lot of updates to talk about. Most of these have been effective on the site fora couple weeks now. A few may or may not be active when this article gets posted, but they'll certainly be applied in the ...
Open-source hardware project hosting is my passion. I spend most of my free time building neat gadgets or planning what I'll build next. I love building things, and I want to make Open Hardware Hub a place that inspires others to build, too.
I'm a 23-year-old college student pursuing my M.S. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology. My main interest in electrical engineering is analog design, but most of my projects are of the low-speed, digital microcontroller variety.
I've recently become very interested in using infrared light to transmit data wirelessly, and I'm currently working on a slew of projects that use IR LEDs and IR receivers to do some neat things.
- NameMono VU Meter PCB
- A VU meter is used to display the loudness of an audio signal. This open source VU meter lights up ten LEDs to show how loud a mono audio signal is. Two of these can be made to show the loudness of each channel in a stereo signal. This circuit is similar to "Mono VU Meter Breadboard" except it is...
- NameArduino Hardware Reset Circuit PCB
- This circuit uses one pin to let you reset your Arduino in code. It pulls reset high for a couple milliseconds to ensure the Arduino has enough time to complete its reset cycle. This circuit is similar to Arduino Hardware Reset Circuit Breadboard, but it uses a PCB and requires soldering skills t...
- NameScavenger Hunt Beacon Decoder and AVR Programmer
- Use this to decode the messages broadcast by a Scavenger Hunt Beacon. The messages are displayed on an LCD screen when the Beacon's IR beam hits the Decoder's receiver. This project also doubles as an AVR Programmer Shield for an Arduino.
- NameKnight Rider Lights
- The red flashing lights on the front of the car KITT in the popular Knight Rider series are an iconic visual effect. You can easily recreate this effect with this open source hardware project. Using a couple simple components, we'll light up a series of LEDs in order giving the illusion that the ...
- NameElectronic Dice
- Push a button to roll the dice. When you let go of the button, the result shows up on the red LEDs just like on real dice. This is a simple beginner's open source hardware project that you can show off to your friends the next time you play a board game and can't find the dice for it!
- NamePortal Turret Plushie
- Deadly, yet adorable, this plush turret from the game Portal talks and responds when you play with it. It senses when you pick it up, knock it over, or walk in front of it. The stuffing and soft fleece skin make it super cuddly, too!Inspired by Up, not North.
- NameBlinking LED
- Make an LED blink with this simple circuit. By using a 555 timer in astable mode, a square wave is generated. This square wave is output to the LED to turn it on and off. The LED blinks about 3 times per second with the values given in the schematic. The blinking rate can be varied by changing th...